Shads are the best advocates to excite the next generation of Shad participants. We encourage all Shads to become official Shad Ambassadors to spread the word, give presentations, hang posters and actively promote at their local schools.
Last year, 326 Shad Ambassadors gave 190 presentations and hosted 21 events which resulted in over 2,500+ applications for Shad2019. Shad Ambassadors are a critical part of Shad’s outreach success.
Shad makes it easy.
Share your Shad story.
- Give presentations – host a Shad info session at your school and in your community. Download this customizable Ambassador Slide deck, and read this Presentation guide and you’ll be all set! Looking to present in French? Download the French Slide Deck.
- Talk to teachers & guidance counsellors – Request Shad brochures & posters to share at your school. Encourage your educators to take an active role in promoting the program.
- Represent Shad at conferences & events – set up and host a Shad info booth at a local event including conferences, hackathons, club fairs, etc. Know of an event Shad should be at? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be Social – post, tag & share! @ShadProgram
- Write testimonials – Tell others the impact of your Shad experience
Become a Shad Ambassador and…
- Practice your presentation & public speaking skills – receive coaching on effective public speaking skills
- Be part of a team and get connected with other Ambassadors & alumni in your city
- Give back to Shad in a meaningful & impactful volunteer role
- Pave the way for the next generation of Shads
- Build a legacy of Shad at your school
“Attending Shad is unlike any other experience on the planet. Getting the chance to tell other students about my Shad experience and how special it was is a great privilege. I would encourage any Shad to become an ambassador; it is one way to give back to Shad and helps create an unbelievable experience for another person.”Katie Giberson, Shad2018
“In my mind, I know that I would never have discovered Shad had it not been for the efforts of some hardworking ambassador in my exact position; I want to make sure to no person misses out on an opportunity like this. It’s my way of saying thank you to Shad for the extraordinary experience and the ambassadors who got me interested enough to apply in the first place.”Muhammad