Shads are the best advocates to excite the next generation of Shad participants. We encourage all Shads to become official Shad Ambassadors to spread the word, give presentations, hang posters and actively promote at their local schools.
Last year, 326 Shad Ambassadors gave 190 presentations and hosted 21 events which resulted in over 2,500+ applications for Shad2019. Shad Ambassadors are a critical part of Shad’s outreach success.
Shad makes it easy.
Share your Shad story.
- Give a school presentation – host an information session at your home school or a nearby school
- Represent Shad at a conference, fair or exhibition – invite Shad to speak at a conference or set-up a booth at a local fair, hackathon or STEAM-based competition
- Write a testimonial – share your Shad story and inspire others
- Share on social media – tag @Shadprogram on Insta or @Shadnetwork on Twitter and it may end up featured on Shad’s official page
- Tell us about your educators – share names and contact information for guidance
counsellorsand educators with the Shad outreach team so Shad can send promotional materials and set up presentations
“Attending Shad is unlike any other experience on the planet. Getting the chance to tell other students about my Shad experience and how special it was is a great privilege. I would encourage any Shad to become an ambassador; it is one way to give back to Shad and helps create an unbelievable experience for another person.”Katie Giberson, Shad2018
“In my mind, I know that I would never have discovered Shad had it not been for the efforts of some hardworking ambassador in my exact position; I want to make sure to no person misses out on an opportunity like this. It’s my way of saying thank you to Shad for the extraordinary experience and the ambassadors who got me interested enough to apply in the first place.”Muhammad