Summer Database Analyst (May-August 2021)
Reports to: Director, Strategic Initiatives
Location: Shad Central, Head Office Location in Waterloo, ON
Do you love organizing and presenting data in informative ways? Shad has recently implemented Salesforce and is looking to continue professionalizing our data management systems. This position will be responsible for understanding the organization’s data needs and helping build systems, tools and processes that promote high-quality and consistent data.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes ownership of their projects.
Things you love and will help us with:
- Work with colleagues and broader Shad organization to understand data needs and requirements.
- Collect, interpret, organize and combine data from different sources relevant to the organization’s data strategy.
- Manipulate large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and using CSV files.
- Write text manipulation and parsing programs in a scripting language such as Python.
- Prepare data for import into Salesforce.
- Assist with data integration between multiple platforms.
- Design back up process for server and associated data.
- Other data-related tasks as assigned.
Things you bring:
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Using CSV files
- Experience with spreadsheets and their look-up and matching functions
- Experience with Salesforce and NPSP (NonProfit Success Pack)
- Experience writing programs that manipulate and parse text
- Exposure to Python
- Attention to detail
- Eye for consistency
- Clear and concise communication
- Comfortable with large amounts of data
Out of deep respect for diversity in all its forms and equal treatment for all people, we welcome and encourage
applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender, sexual
orientation, ability or disability. SHAD is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.