Summer Communications Specialist (Recruiting and Outreach) (May-August 2021)
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
Location: Shad Central, Head Office Location in Waterloo, Ontario
Are you a Communications Specialist eager to create new campaigns and implement clever social programs that will attract students to our program? Shad has taken its 2021 program online and we need a Communications Specialist to help prepare for our 2022 program. This role will be a key contributor in the campaign strategy for Shad’s 2022 recruitment process and will help oversee the Shad Ambassador program.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes ownership of their projects and is well-rounded in all things communications.
Things you love and will help us with:
- Assist in developing recruitment marketing strategies with modern marketing methods and tactics to attract high-quality students to Shad’s program
- Assist in the planning of recruitment campaigns, eblasts and newsletters to various audiences [Shad advocates]
- Capturing and recording pertinent educator contact information in Salesforce
- Creating monthly reports on key recruitment marketing metrics
- Writing blog posts and ad copy
- Identifying recruitment opportunities with Shad’s partners including speaking sessions, marketing materials and social media strategies
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on recruitment campaign results
- Researching best practices in recruitment and bring innovative insight to improve our process
- Creative and thoughtful recommendations for alumni engagement and Shad Ambassador program
- Other recruiting and outreach marketing tasks as assigned
Things you bring:
- Active on social media with an understanding of corporate social media strategies
- Exposure/experience to Google analytics
- Knowledge of PowerPoint
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- An open and creative personality
- A keen eye for detail and copy editing
Bonus: French language skills an asset
Out of deep respect for diversity in all its forms and equal treatment for all people, we welcome and encourage
applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender, sexual
orientation, ability or disability. SHAD is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.