Shad2021 Laurentian – Program Experience Manager
Program runs Monday, July 5 to Friday, July 30, 2021
What is Shad Canada?
Shad Canada is a registered charity that empowers exceptional high school students – at a pivotal point in their education – to recognize their own capabilities and envision their extraordinary potential as tomorrow’s leaders and change makers. This year, Shad Canada will provide the opportunity for students from across Canada to attend a month-long virtual summer program at one of 16 Canadian host universities, focused on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math). The participants are secondary school students (grades 10 and 11) who are exceptionally well rounded in the areas of academic performance, creativity, community contributions and leadership.
Our virtual program requires a dedicated and responsible Program Experience Manager who can help bring program activities to life and ensure engagement of Shad participants.
About the role:
As the Program Experience Manager, you’ll play a critical role in delivering a top-notch participant experience for the Shad online program. The Program Experience Manager is the lead on program coordination, student communications, community building supports, and technology support and logistics. Bilingual (French & English) is considered an asset.
The Program Experience Manager position provides a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with people and technology, is detail oriented, organized, and problem solves effectively when unexpected situations arise.
In order to generate a transformational online experience at Shad, the Program Experience Manager is highly involved in the pre-planning of the program. This opportunity runs from March – July (part-time from March – June and then full-time online during the program in July).
Program Coordination and Communication
- Support the Program Director(s) with the coordination of the program schedule.
- Provide logistical support for all campus program activities.
- Act as main point of contact between the campus program and Shad Canada on nationally sourced virtual field trip providers and national keynotes, and program team training as required.
- Develop, refine, and implement a communications plan and schedule for pre-program and in program requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact for program participants in advance of the program.
- Coordinate, review, and follow up where needed on information required by program participants (Shad Speaks etc.).
- Lead and/or participate in online training for the campus program team.
Platform Logistics and Technology
- Work with Program Director(s) to determine campus program technology platform (if required).
- Set up all Shad team member and participant accounts on online platform.
- Establish campus’ online user guidelines that supplement the Shad Canada Participant Handbook and reflect university requirements.
- Communicate all platform requirements with Shad participants ahead of the program.
- Facilitate platform training and testing with Shad team members and participants ahead of the program.
- Provide technology support and troubleshooting throughout the program.
- Create and generate user platform reports, as required, to support participant engagement.
- At the completion of the program, remove all participant accounts from platform.
- Act as technology link between Shad Canada and the University (if applicable).
- Working collaboratively with the program team members, identify, create and implement activities to create a positive, inclusive and engaging online community.
- Design and administer in-program feedback surveys to identify opportunities to enhance the Shad participant experience.
- Identify risks associated with the program and ensure mitigation strategies have been developed to support the overall community.
- Oversee community projects including monthbook, shad swag, coffee houses, ect.
Successful applicants will have the following characteristics:
- Strong technology skills and online learning experience
- Familiarity with youth and communicating with them
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Effectiveness working in a team
- A ‘Can-Do’ attitude, with the ability to get things done!
What are the expectations for a Program Experience Manager?
- The Program Experience Manager is required to be available for the entire month of July for the virtual program.
- The Program Experience Manager is required to be involved in pre-program planning starting in March (part time work until the beginning of the program). and preliminary training sessions hosted by Shad Canada, and other organizations, as required.
- Play primary role in managing program technology including platform set up, maintenance, participant and team member support, and troubleshooting.
- Support community building events and activities for Shad participants.
- Ensure risk management frameworks and policies are being followed at all times within the program by team members and participants
- Required to have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check completed.
How do I apply?
In order to apply to be a Program Experience Manager with Shad Laurentian, please email your resume to Shad Laurentian Program Director Christian Laforge, by January 31, 2021.