As a SHAD Fellow, you are our biggest advocate and resource to ensure that SHAD is no longer Canada’s best kept secret. Become a SHAD Ambassador and help us reach another record-breaking year of applications and ensure a legacy of SHAD continues at your school.
2019 GOAL: 3,000 APPLICATIONS.
That’s 775 more than last year’s 2,225, and we can’t reach that number without YOU. Share your SHAD experience with your own school, nearby schools, and with your community to help us raise awareness. We are here to support you – the resources below should give you everything you need to get started.
WANT TO HELP BUT NOT SURE HOW? HERE'S A FEW IDEAS:
Give a school presentation
- Work with your teachers to host a SHAD info session at your school AND at nearby schools – share your SHAD experience and inspire the next cohort of Fellows!
- More than one Fellow at your school? Team up and present together! Don’t forget to wear your SHAD swag and then send us a photo of you presenting.
Represent SHAD at a conference, fair or exhibition
- Get on our email list and we’ll reach out when we need to staff a SHAD booth event in your area
- Invite us to booth or speak at your next conference, school fair, hackathon or competition by emailing our Outreach Team, or host a booth yourself and let us know by requesting materials!
Write a testimonial
- Share your reflections on how SHAD has impacted you by submitting a SHAD Testimonial. We feature these in future print materials and online, including Instagram!
Connect us with educators
- Already graduated? Introduce our Outreach Team to your guidance counsellor and we will make sure your school receives promo materials.
- Are you an educator? Do you know other educators? Connect with us to ensure your school is sent our SHAD mailings each fall.
BECOME A TEACHER CHAMPION or contact our Outreach Team to learn more.