The online application for the summer 2019 program is now available.
Submissions are due by November 19. (Please submit no later than 11:59 PM on Nov. 19th, in whatever time-zone you are in.)
The 2019 SHAD program will run from June 30 to July 26.
SHADs are . . .
– they have interests that light them up and strive for excellence in these areas.
– they have a genuine love of learning and ask bold questions with an open mind.
– they give back and make meaningful, sustained contributions to their school, community, family and society.
– they take initiative to find brave, bold approaches to solving problems using their imagination.
High school students currently completing grade 10, 11 or 12* (Quebec secondaire IV, V or CEGEP I, or the international equivalent) are eligible to apply. Admission is competitive, so put your best effort into your application.
The application process entails:
An outline of your activities and pursuits that can include athletics, volunteer experience, employment and the arts
A few short personal essays including a description of your approach to creativity and innovation.
You also have the option of providing a demonstration of your abilities in a visual, artistic, or video format
Questions? Visit our full application FAQs. If you don't find the answers there, email us or, if you prefer to speak to someone directly, phone us at 519-884-8844 x 222 (weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST).
* SHAD 2019 is the last program year that grade 12 students can apply.
A note about the due date: Admission is based on the overall strength of the application, not when it is submitted. We prefer applications to be received ASAP, to allow the most time for processing and checking for all items (application, academics, reference). All of these pieces are needed before we can send the application out for evaluation.